Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Another bonus

I thought that the heavy rain had destroyed the three pretty water lilies yesterday. But this morning, the sun was shining brightly and I was given a pleasant surprise. The three lilies not only "resurrected" but another lily emerged from the shallow flower pot. The photograph shows the four lilies arching towards the light! Here again, I thank photography for being able to "freeze the moment in time" so that we could admire and share its beauty indefinitely. In addition, if you examine the picture more closely, there are several buds that have the potenitial of blooming into flowers again! O what a bonus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Where flowers bloom so does hope."
- Lady Bird Johnson, Public Roads: Where Flowers Bloom

"What grows in the garden, so lovely and rare?
Roses and dahlias (and lilies!) and people grow there."
- From the TV show A Gardener's Diary

"Little flower, but if I could understand, what you are, root
and all in all, I should know what God and man is."
- Tennyson

"With a few flowers in my garden, half a dozen pictures
and some books, I live without envy."
- Lope de Vega

hearUout said...

Thanks for these beautiful quotes. Have a great day filled with joy, laughter and hope!