Thursday, July 22, 2010

Passing Train, passing Time

Recently, Singapore reached a landmark agreement with the Malaysian Government on the Railway relocation. Singapore, Malaysia to relocate train station, ending dispute
Monday, 24 May 2010 © 2010 - The Edge Singapore.
A couple of days ago, my car was stopped right in front of the crossing of a train along Chua Chu Kang Road. That was a special moment. It brought me back in time ... to about 30 years ago when I first encountered it while serving my military service in that area. Strangely, though the wait was under one minutes, the historical experience simply "popped back alive" and I felt transported back in time. Instinctively, I looked at my dressing and I thought I was wearing my military uniform! haha! What are some memories that you treasure? Enjoy this short clip. Nostalgic.Memorable.Soon it will be no more...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many treasured memories...train journeys on the train going up north, coming back down south. Sleeping bunks, squashy smelly toilets, stopping at every small town, buying karipap from the small time hawkers, these teenage boys with hot crispy currypuffs in baskets - who hope on the train at every stop...eating at the train cafetaria - somehow, food always tastes better on the train...those were the days!

hearUout said...

Thks for sharing your memories. I remembered the "BIG squeeze" with a ton of commuters on my return trip from Penang. Did the operator issue more tickets than the available seats then?

Anonymous said...

3rd class tickets,free seating, cram as you like, that's what you had!
Be thankful no ducks and chicken and sheep accompanying...

hearUout said...

That would have been an incredible encounter of all kinds! ha ha! Should seriously consider going for a ride soon!